September 3, 2011

Fugly Fashion

Gages make we want to barf. I know it is a personal style thing but fitting your fist through your earlobe is not ok.Every time I see someone with gages my earlobes cry a little bit for theirs.



Some other personal style things that I can't stand are jean short shorts. If your pockets are longer than your shorts then you need to reevaluate your outfit and possibly your life.



The melt. Some melts actually look really good, especially brown going into a caramel color, but going from dark brown to platinum blonde just makes you look like you need to go back to the trailer park where you came from and fix your nasty hair.



The double popped collar. As if popping your collar wasn't stupid enough, people have to start double popping and triple popping and quadrupal popping like this kid below. And why does he own 4 of almost the exact same color polo anyway?



The harem pants...I honestly shouln't even have to say why these are NOT ok but obviously some people think they are pretty cool. Those people must also think that wearing "depends", or any other brand of adult diapers is cool because that is exactly what you will look like when you where these. Someone needs to tell this girl she has a giant load in her pants.



Who decieded that high waisted jeans were cool? I do not care if you are a 100 pound supermodel, these will STILL not look good on you. Somebody please stop this madness!



Ed Hardy stopped being cool when John Gossling started thinking he was cool wearing it...or was it ever really cool? It always just looked white trash to me. Affliction shirts also fit into this catagory.



Baseball hat with the sticker still attatched. Why? It makes you look like a theif, or just a complete idiot.



Skinny jeans on guys. Yuck. Guys, save yourself the embarrassment and everyone else the torment of seeing you in these.



Oh this is only the tip of the iceberg. Much more madness to come!

5 comments:

Tori Dumke said...

This is amazing. Wait to call out all the right (or should I say so wrong) things!

Kade and Brittany Wadsworth said...

You tell 'em Mar!! HAHA this post made me miss you!

Kylie Blackwell said...

BAHAHAH! AMEN TO ALL OF THE ABOVE!
And serious props to you for saying it out loud! I ADORE THIS.

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled on your blog and well, well, well... I like what I see. As in, I agree it's all quite ugly/silly fashion.

The shorts with the pockets hanging out. Pretty fug. Too skimpy for my tastes.

AND gages. How could someone do that to their own ears?!

bananarama said...

They're not called "gages," nor are they called "gauges," which would be the correct spelling. They're called plugs, and you stretch your earlobes gradually in order to insert them. "Gauge" refers to the thickness of the jewelry, just as it does with wire -- it's a unit of measurement.

That said, I have stretched lobes, and I love them. I hope you'll consider reading something about why people modify their bodies. There's a great book called Modern Primitives that can help you understand, as can bmezine.com. Please think about opening your mind to all the different things beauty can be!