April 21, 2011

First Date

Today marks 3 years from my first date with the hubs. I am not sure if I have ever told this story yet so hear it goes...we'll start from the beginning.
Rich had been hanging out at my apartment lately. He was friends with my 2 roommates Jen and Jord. I thought he was SO hot but I never thought he would be into me. So here is where the story really begins...I was a work (waitressing and Brick Oven) and I had apporoxmatly worked 14 hours that day and had left with approxamatly 13 dollars in tips all thanks to the wonderful Utah Valley tippers. I got off late and I was bumming because I didnt make any money really. I got in my car and looked at my phone. Rich asked me if he could take me out to dinner for my birthday over the weekend. I was SO excited but I didn't think he actually liked me. I thought he was just being nice because we were just friends at the time. I worked over the weekend and so I told him that I couldn't but Monday I was available. On Monday before he picked me up I am pretty sure I peed like 11 times because I was so nervous. We ended up going to CPK. He was so sweet. I wish I could go back and just watch us on our first date. After dinner we just went back to his apartment and watched the Jazz game and then we rented a movie and watched that. We were up late just talking and having so much fun. I had to have him.

This is us on our first date.



We hung out every day that week and on that Thursday I invited him to come to a Jazz playoff game with me (my dad used to have season tickets.) After the game we drove up to the U on the mountain in Salt Lake. It is an amazing overlook to the whole valley. We got out of his car and were looking out and he leaned in and kissed me. It was by far the best first kiss ever. He just melts my heart. I love him so much.


This is us on the night of our fisrt kiss.


The past 3 years have been bliss and there are many more too come:)

1 comment:

Emily said...

SO cute! I'm so glad you guys found each other. I remember thinking Rich was a little crazy to be moving so fast. But after getting to know you I know why! You are so cute and funny and fun of course he had to put a ring on it fast! :) Annnnnnnd Cuz you're super hot! duh! wink. xo.