November 22, 2010

~*Our Kitchen*~

Ever since we moved in, I haven't been crazy about our kitchen cabinets. They used to be those light oak cabinets that were really popular in the late 90's and early 2000's.



After finishing our basement we decided to paint them. We thought...this is going to be cake. Take off the cabinets, sand, wash, prime, paint, and put the cabinets back on. Well lets just say it is a lot easier said than done. Rich did most of the sanding with an electronic hand sander in our garage. I did the little things with sand paper that the hand sander couldn't get to.



Then we washed all the cabinets and started painting. Our kitchen looked like a disaster for a while.



After 2 coats of paint and lots of patience, we have a new kitchen! We love it.



I love the bead board on the island. That might be my favorite part.



What do you think?

5 comments:

Kade and Brittany Wadsworth said...

THIS LOOKS SO SO GOOD MAR!!! Wow, I like it a lot better... and I loved it before!! Cute style you have and I love the basement!

Stacey said...

wow that really did make a huge difference. Ryan and I also learned the hard way that cabinet painting is a much bigger beast then you might expect! Since we went black we didn't have to sand as much though.

Jaclyn said...

Looks so much better with whie cabinets! Great job!

Melanie said...

Mari, I work with Rich and just had to comment. From a gal that re-did her kitchen last year and is going through finishing my basement right now.....I can say I know what a 'fun' process it is, but I also know how enjoyable the ending product can be.
You and Rich are very talented! The place looks amazing! I am so impressed with how professional everything looks. My bedroom is blue and brown....where did you get your pillows, I think I need to add them to my christmas list ;)

Hightower said...

It all looks amazing! Great job! Can't wait to see it tomorrow!!!