August 9, 2010

You Stay Classy San Diego

San Diego was AWESOME! So remember how I thought it was going to be cold there? It wasn't at all. It was perfect like 78 during the day with a breeze. We laid by the pool everyday that we were there. We stayed at the Marriott right on the bay it was so beautiful. The night before we left, I had to work late and then when I got home we were up pretty late packing. We had to be up at 6 am to make it to the airport, so by 8:00 pm we were SO ready for bed. We were both in bed by 9. Around 10 I woke up to this crazy popping sound. I was so tired that everything seemed pretty foreign. I told Rich to look out the window to see if he could figure it out. Turns out there were some way awesome fireworks shooting up right out our window over the bay. It was so awesome! It was like our own private firework show. On our last day we did a few different things. We started our day out with the best breakfast I have ever had. I sometimes am dramatic and I over exaggerate things. This I am not over exaggerating. It was amazing! We waited in line at 9 am for almost an hour and it was totally worth the wait. It's called Richard Walkers Pancake House. If you are ever in San Diego, you MUST go here for breakfast. US waiting for breakfast.
Later that day we went to an outlet mall, literally right next to the border. This is us...right next to the border. You can see the Mexican flag in the background.


I don't think I have ever seen a sign like this before...

We also went to the San Diego Temple. It is under construction right now but still so beautiful.


But most importantly we were able to spend some time with my wonderful parents. We are so thankful for all that they do for us. They are so great! Love them:)

3 comments:

Hightower said...

looks like fun! That sign is hilarious!!! miss you!

Corey and Amy said...

HA HA HA that sign! I love it. You guys are too cute.

Emily said...

that sign is the funniest thing ever. Also, your dad looks way ticked in the last pic. Maybe he wasn't glad you came...