August 28, 2012

New York City

I need to catch up so here it goes...

In April, Rich took to me New York City for my birthday. It was amazing. We took the red eye and landed in JFK at 6:00 am. When we got into Manhattan we dropped our bags off at our hotel and went straight to Battery Park to get on the ferry to see Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. She was enormous! That night Rich took me to see the Broadway show Wicked, which was amazing. I wish we could have seen it twice while we were there! 

The next morning we went to the Top of the Rock. The view was incredible but after my adrenaline from being up there wore off, my fear of heights settled in and I could not get down that elevator fast enough!


That day we did a ton of shopping and then stopped to eat at Shake Shack. Rich and I were sitting at a little table next to the window eating and I looked out and noticed a girl just standing there staring at me in the window, my first thought was why is this crazy girl staring at me?! My second thought was OH MY GOSH, THAT IS MY BRIT BRIT!!! Rich and Brit's husband Kade planned on surprising me for my birthday. Being in NYC with my best friend was the best surprise ever. 

Later that night we went to a Yankees game. I honestly wasn't very pumped about the game; baseball isn't my sport, but I was surprised how much fun I had. Even though we froze our butts off, it was still a blast!


The next morning, we had breakfast in Times Square with Brit and Kade before they headed back to Philly. We were sad they were leaving so soon but excited they were finally headed back to Utah for the summer. 

After breakfast we went to the MET. It was so much fun and there was so much to see, I wish we could have had more time there.  


We went to central park after the museum. I could have spent all day there. 


We did a lot of shopping later that day. That night we went to the top of the Empire State Building. The city lights were incredible, I have never seen anything like it. 

The next morning we went to China Town. I felt like I stepped into another world. It was fun. 

Going to New York City was amazing. Being able to travel together and have so many amazing experiences together in our 4 years of marriage has been an incredible blessing and I can't wait to go back to the city! 

1 comment:

Bullards said...

You are just adorable!! We are going to NYC in September so this post made me way excited! :)