July 5, 2010

4th of JuLy!

I vote that the 4th of July is on Sunday EVERY year so we really get 3 4th of Julys. This year was a blast like always. On Friday night we went to our first drive in movie of the summer with lots of wonderful friends. We saw Toy Story 3 the movie is so cute and we had so much fun. On Saturday we hung out with the Towners and (soon-to-be) Wadsworths. We barbecued and did sparklers and watched fireworks. Lucky for us we had the best seat in the house for the fireworks show right on our front steps. Thanksgiving point shoots off fireworks and they were right in front of us. Fireworks are a lot more enjoyable when you don't have to go an hour early to get a good spot and be in traffic for an hour after.
We spent Sunday with the Jones side of the fam and we played with out nieces and nephews and got to hang out with the fam.
Monday we hung out with the Riddle side of the fam and pretty much hung out at my parents pool all day and then ate lots of yummy food.
It was an extremely successful weekend. I love the 4th and I feel so blessed to live in this country and enjoy all of our freedoms. I am also very thankful for those that spend time away from their loved ones to serve our country. God Bless America:)

At the drive in. Apparently I couldn't keep my eyes open.


BBQ Night


SpArKlErS


Fireworks!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Woot! I look gross. At least you didn't get a shot of...well you know. :) that was SO fun! let's hang soon!

Hightower said...

cute pics! Miss you guys!