December 15, 2009

Christmas Time!

Rich and I are going on a cruise over Christmas and New years to Puerto Rico, Nassau and St. Thomas and we are freaking stoked. It is literally the topic of 85 percent of our conversations lately. I can't wait to get out of this cold weather and get my tan on and not have to go to work for a week.
I love this time of year getting/giving presents. It is so much fun especially with all of the traditions my family and Rich's family does. It really is the time of year when I feel closest to my family. This season makes you want to be a better person and to be more Christlike. I love this quote by Gordon B Hinckley...

"There is a magic in Christmas. Hearts are opened to a new measure of kindness. Love speaks with increased power. Tensions are eased...
Of all things of heaven and earth of which we bear testimony, none is so important as our witness that Jesus, the Christmas child, condescended to come to earth from the realms of His Eternal Father, here to work among men as healer and teacher, our Great Exemplar. And further, and most important, He suffered on Calvary's cross as an atoning sacrifice for all mankind.
At this time of Christmas, this season when gifts are given, let us not forget that God gave His Son, and His Son gave His life, that each of us might have the gift of eternal life"

This quote puts me back to what Christmas is all about, celebrating the life of Christ and all he sacrificed for us. I hope all of you have an amazing Christmas and a super fun new years!

2 comments:

Bullards said...

How fun!! We're going to be in Atlantis too for a few days during the break! Enjoy the warm weather! Happy holidays!!

Anonymous said...

St. Thomas is a blast! You guys will really enjoy it! Im very jealous you get a break from this crappy weather.
Enjoy!
Merry Christmas.