August 27, 2011

Oh, Irene.

So I guess this is why we're asked to have food storage, huh?



I have never been in a hurricane before and PRAY that I will never have to be in one. While Rich and I were watching the news last night they were interviewing people that live on the coast that were supposed to get hit the hardest. They said that they were not going to leave! WHY?! Why, if there is a mandatory evacuation, would you not leave? It absolutely blows my mind.
My little brother is in South Carolina on his mission right now and I about had a heart attack when I found out about this hurricane. I called my mom in a panic and asked what city he was in. Thankfully he is not near the coast and SC didn't get hit very hard with it. He probably is just getting lots of rain right now BUT now this hurricane is causing tornados. I can't believe that the east coast has been hit with earthquakes, tornados, and a hurricane within a matter of days. How unfortunate. I guess this should just be a lesson to me and everyone else who was fortunate enough not to be close to this disaster to be prepared for anything.

No comments: